From: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On
Behalf Of Philip Carli
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 11:58 AM
To: Antique Phonograph List
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Have YOU ever purchased a Crap-O-Phone???

I would expect that if you put a good soundbox on it, an HMV or Victor
Exhibition, Victrola no. 2 or 4, or any decent generic mica-diaphragmmed
piece, the machine would actually sound pretty fair - better than most
portables, for instance, as at least you've got an external horn. With the
portable motor, you might even be able to put in a stronger spring in the
barrel and you'd have even more functionality. P. Carli