What have we come to....  Crap-o-phone discussions... sheesh!

Steven Medved wrote:
Unfortunately some have motors so weak a normal sound box will not work.

From: philip_ca...@pittsford.monroe.edu
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 15:58:15 +0000
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Have YOU ever purchased a Crap-O-Phone???

I would expect that if you put a good soundbox on it, an HMV or Victor
Exhibition, Victrola no. 2 or 4, or any decent generic mica-diaphragmmed piece,
the machine would actually sound pretty fair - better than most portables, for
instance, as at least you've got an external horn. With the portable motor, you
might even be able to put in a stronger spring in the barrel and you'd have
even more functionality. P. Carli