Help!
I'm experimenting with several of the PHP based WebDatabase front ends and
am getting the following errors from all of them:

"Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/httpd/html/pub/mainfile.php on
line 9
Unable to select database"

I've tried the following:
[root@casadelove pub]# telnet localhost 3306 |strings
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to casadelove.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
3.23.27-beta
$Gu=m/>.
Connection closed by foreign host.

The databases being requested do exist and are populated with the default
data and WebMin (Perl-based web administration program) accesses the test
databases just fine.

This is on a RH6.2 system with Apache 1.3.14 and PHP 4.0.4.

This strikes me as something really stupid that I'm missing, anyone have any
bright ideas where to look?