Hi All,

What I want to do is create another query from some of the data from another
one. The question is how do I take the data I get back from my first query
and put that into variables so I can build my second query. The example I
have in mind is:

I a do a select tracknum,orderdate,ordertotal,status,shipdate from orders
where tracknum = '$trknum' and I want the data returned into vars: like
orderdate = $orderdate so I can create a new query like: select * from
shipping where orderdate = '$orderdate'.

<HTML>

<!-- doit.php --><BODY>

<H1>Please enter your Tracking Number: </H1>

<FORM action="http://sqa/doit.php";>

<INPUT NAME="trknum" ><BR>

<INPUT type = "submit" value = "Execute">

</FORM>

</BODY>

<?php

define("DBG",1);

$connection = ifx_connect(fra3x@ol_unit,"foo","bar")

or die("Couldn't create connection.");

$sql = "select tracknum,orderdate,ordertotal,status,shipdate from orders
where tracknum = '$trknum'";

$sql_result = ifx_query($sql,$connection);

@ifx_htmltbl_result($sql_result,"border=1");

ifx_free_result($sql_result);

ifx_close($connection);

ifx_close();}