Is there a command like ocifetchstatement() for mysql?

I looked and looked and ... well it just does not seem to be there :-),

So I got ambitous and tried just making one...

function MyDataArray($query)
                $this->result = @mysql_query($query, $this->id) or
                        MySQL_ErrorMsg ("Unable to perform query: $query");
                while($rows = mysql_fetch_array($this->result))

That does not work.... :-) there is probably something I am miss understanding about

Anyone have a mysqlfetchstatement() function or can help me fix mine?

Thanks in advance!

Jimmy Brake