Andy:

Go with the CLOB. As you stated, you can have more than one CLOB defined in
a table. Also, you can pull out data randomly instead of sequentially. Plus,
the data can reside inline (for less than 4KB) or out of line for bigger
values.

The key to making it work is using the DBMS_LOB package. See the Oracle
documentation on this to get an idea, then ask a more specific question.

If you're a member of technet, you'll be able to read this:

http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/appdev.
817/a76936/toc.htm

If not, join up ASAP! (It's free).

Good luck,