Greetings, Sharmad!

At 17.07.2001, 08:27, you wrote:

SN> Hi,
SN>         Can anyone tell me how to protect my database or else how can i set my
password in postgres for every database.
   Can you be more specific?
   If your problem is that anyone can connect to any DB on local box
(which is the default setup), then you need to edit pg_hba.conf
   This file resides in the root of your DB data dir. You should seek
the lines which read like these:
local        all                                           trust
host         all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255     trust
and change 'trust' to 'password'.
   Well, I hope I understood your question correctly...

--
Yours, Alexey V. Borzov, Webmaster of RDW.ru