Greetings, Sharmad!

At 18.07.2001, 07:41, you wrote:

SN> Thanks Alexey,
SN>         I have set the passwd for the root user,but now how do i set
SN> the passwd for other users.
    CREATE USER another_user WITH PASSWORD 'password';
or
    ALTER USER another_user WITH PASSWORD 'password';

SN>         Another Q ,Can I have a passwd for each table created
    No, but you can RTFM about 'GRANT' and 'REVOKE' commands.

    Besides, your questions have nothing to do with PHP at all. There
are quite good PostgreSQL mailing lists, info here:
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/index.html

--
Yours, Alexey V. Borzov, Webmaster of RDW.ru