Hi,

By saying id.gif, I obviously didn't mean the id of
the user, I meant the unique id of the image.

I assumed the person making this was going to have one
table setup like so:

id (unique id)
owner
name
description
jpg_or_gif, etc

Then a table with authors..

id
name
pass
email
etc

with author.id = picture.owner

I see no downside to doing that and it seems to be a
relatively effecient way to ensure the uniqueness of
all image names.

Best Regards,
Bill Zeller
--- Sheridan Saint-Michel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>