I run mostly on windoze machines and have used a couple different ways, some
dodgy, some not so dodgy :)

1. you can use a batch file to copy the data dir from inside mysql (dodgy)
2. you can use the cgi of PHP to make a quick mysqldump script and execute
that
3. i *think* you should be able to use a batch file to just run the
mysqldump exe with some command line parameters (never tried - would be
nice)

you can get command line zip/compression packages for windows, although for
*some* reason, as far as i know, not a command line version of winzip - the
big one!

anywho, all of those should be able to be scheduled using the "at" command
from DOS (good old DOS... the closest a microsoft weenie will come to heaven
(*nix) :P)

HTH

Beau