When you printed-out the string variable containing the SELECT statement,
what did it look like?

-----Original Message-----
From: Russ Michell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 9:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] Query construction

Hi there:

Further to a previous submission (which can be ignored), I'd like the
following query to 'search' a
table field of different team names (stored as a single string), but it
does't seem to work!

"SELECT * FROM $table_users WHERE usrName='$username' AND
usrPswd=password('$password') AND affil_team RLIKE '$team+'";
(I've also tried: RLIKE '$team?' )

This should match the string found in the variable: '$team' with the some of
contents (string)
found in 'affil_team'.

For example my test has been, trying to find 'footballSat', so $team =
'footballSat'. 'footballSat'
exists as part of the string in the 'affil_team' field but the above query
refuses to find
'footballSat'!! (No error is received though)

I'm using MySQL 3.22.32 + php4.0.3pl1

Cheers
Russ

  "Believe nothing - consider everything"

  Russ Michell
  Anglia Polytechnic University Webteam
  Room 1C 'The Eastings' East Road, Cambridge

  e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  w: www.apu.ac.uk/webteam
  t: +44 (0)1223 363271 x 2331

  www.theruss.com