From: "Russ Michell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "p.whiter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] newbie - problems with Select and timestamp(14)
calculation

: >(NOW()+0)
: Not sure what the +0 achieves?? Try with just NOW().
:
: Cheers.
: Russ
:
: On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:41:14 +0100 "p.whiter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
:
: > Hi
: > I am trying to set-up a type of anti-flood block on one of my forms, the
way
: > I am doing this is that when the first submission is made I log various
: > details into a user_log table including IP no and a Timestamp (14)
column
: > called log_time. Now if the button is clicked again the php script will
run
: > the following query:
: >
: > SELECT user_ip  FROM clinic_log  WHERE user_ip = '$pw_userIP' AND
: > (((NOW()+0) - clinic_log.log_time ) < 300)
: >
: > What I am (trying) doing here is to check the users IP ($pw_userIP)
against
: > the user_ip column in the database and if it matches then check to see
: > whether it has been there for less than 300 seconds.
: >
: > I have just spent the last couple of hours trying to get this
: > working......it doesn't want to know. It keeps finding the matching IP
and
: > disregarding the time calculation......
: >
: > Thanks for any help.
: > Paul