Something more ...

1. Put something like this in your code where you execute the query
$ result = mysql_queyr($sql) or die( mysql_errno()." : ".mysql_error());

2. If the query is succesful, just dump the result w/o any formatting, just
in case the problem's there. (Shouldn't be with IE, it's remarkably tolerant.

3. When you view the source of the page in IE what do you see?  Does it
look right?

4. There's always our old Windows standby -- reinstall the software! But
let's not do that yet.

Miles