Actually, PHP does COM very the PHP-WIN list about "COM" and
"Word" and you should find some good hints and examples to get going.  I
haven't accessed the keywords portion of a word document yet, but someone
wrote a spellcheck function that used the spellcheck built into Word using
PHP COM.  There is also a really helpful article at that gets
you started with COM.  If you have trouble finding them, I could forward
some messages to you from that list.

PHP Database Mailing List (
To unsubscribe, visit: