Hi!

On a site I'm developing I need to conduct boolean searches. I use a
piece of code I found on:

http://www.evolt.org/article/comment/18/15665/

and I've got to say it works really well.

The problem is I cannot search for one specific word because, even
though the word exists on several records, MySQL never returns any
rows.

The word I can't look for is "portaria". Any other word works just
fine. I have tried every word I could think of and it works... except
for that one: "portaria".

Here is the syntax:

SELECT *, match (titulo,estado,sumario,categoria,tipo,pachave)
against (' portaria ') as relevance FROM dgf_net.dgf_lex WHERE match
(titulo,estado,sumario,categoria,tipo,pachave) against ('portaria')>0
HAVING relevance>0 ORDER BY relevance DESC

And here is a view of the table:

Field Type Attributes Null Default Extra
id  int(11)   No    auto_increment
insdata  datetime   No  0000-00-00 00:00:00
startdata  datetime   No  0000-00-00 00:00:00
area  tinytext   No
autor  varchar(255)   No
titulo  varchar(255)   No
subtitulo  varchar(255)   No
texto  text   No
anexo  tinytext   No
pachave  varchar(255)   No
obs  tinytext   No
activo  char(1)   No  N
validade  datetime   No  0000-00-00 00:00:00
imagem  varchar(255)   No
cafe  varchar(8)   No

Keyname Type Cardinality Field
PRIMARY  PRIMARY  31  id
id  INDEX  None  id
titulo  FULLTEXT  None  titulo
subtitulo
texto  1
pachave

I'm puzzled! Why is MySQL picky about this specific word?
MySQL is 3.23.36 and PHP 4.0.4pl1

Any help is appreciated! :-)

jcv

:: cdb.pnorte.pt :: #26527125 ::
:: 02-14-2002 21:12:07 ::
:: A beer doesn't mind when your mother visits.