Hi there,

I do have a sql statement where I could need some help on.

There are 3 tables: provinces, cities, countries
The result should be city, province, country but only if province is
available. If not just display city and country.!

Lets say we are searching for madrid.

I did build following statement:
     SELECT c.city, c.ID, p.province, co.country FROM cities c, provinces p,
countries co WHERE c.city like 'madrid%' AND p.province_id = c.province_id
AND p.country_code = c.country_code AND c.country_code = co.country_code
ORDER BY country , province limit 0, 10

Works fine as long as there is a province for this city. But unfortunatelly
my db does not have for all countries provinces. But there is a madrid in
spain.
so I would like to change this querry to return madrid in spain even if the
province is unknown, but also if the province exists (in this case with the
name of the province)

Maybe there is a way to do if statements in sql??

Thanx for any help

Andy

begin 666 transparent.gif
`