The above post may be unclear.. What he did was used if() statements to
compare whatever and generate the query differently based on what he found..

$lotsOdata = $database->result( "SELECT * FROM someTable" );
$count = mysql_num_rows( $lotsOdata );
while( $count > 0 ) {
    if( $lotsOdata[city] != "philly" ) {
        $sql = $database->query( "INSERT INTO otherTable $thisData" );
        }
    else if( $this[thing] = $that ) {
        $sql = $database->query( "UPDATE someVar SET thisValue =
$thatData" );
        }
}

I hope this makes sense, and it's all correctly written.. I'm pretty new at
this myself so I may have some bugs..

Later,
Bob Weaver