Hi,

now I rewrote my PHP-DB-Module using COM and ADO (OLEDB), it works well,
the 255 Bytes limitation doesen't exist with this method, but uff it
takes a lot of memory, after openening the db-connection, the
php-process increases his memory usage with about 4 MB, this seems to be
a problem of COM (big overhead). But on the oder hand, if microsoft
propagates this as the only method to access MS SQL, then its a problem
of those customers who uses microsoft products.

bye,