Hi there everyone,

I have my id field auto incrementing (Of course) and I have a utility
that allows me to remove items from it, the problem is when I remove
something the items after it keep their ID’s leaving a gap in the ID.
For example, say I have 1-10 in the ID field and I remove number 8, I’ll
have 1-7 and then 9-10, what I need is for 9-10 to go down to 8-9, how
can I do this?  It’s really important as I have an ad-rotator system
which gets the total number of fields from the DB and if there is an
empty ID it causes there to be an invalid image appear (Of course).

So all I need is to renumber the ID field after a delete I guess, but
how?

Any help would be extremely grateful :-)

Thanks

Chris

---