I break up the search words using a function and then build a query based
on the search criteria.  If it is multiple words, I use REGEXP for the
search.( I use a mysql database).  then when there are multiple searches
you can format the query string like....

SELECT show_name FROM table_of_shows WHERE show_name REGEXP
'simpsons|sienfield'

using the LIKE you can do the same thing....using a function  to break up
the query string...

SELECT show_name FROM table_of_shows WHERE show_name like '%simpsons%' OR
show_name like '%sienfeld%' etc....

Hope this helps.
Jeff

                    Dasmeet Singh

                    <dasmeet@tunma       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    il.com>              cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: [PHP-DB] How to use Full
text search?
                    07/18/2002

                    05:54 AM

Martin Clifford wrote:
> The query you would need would be something along the lines of:
>
> SELECT show_name FROM table_of_shows WHERE show_name LIKE '%$keyword%'
>
> Learning the LIKE syntax is going to be the best help to you in this
situation, I believe ;o)
Thanx, I am already using 'Like' search but it doesnt seems to be
helpful when more than one keywords are entered. If you have any
solution, please send it to me.
Thanx again.
Dasmeet