I have some error checking routines for my web forms, and they are working
great except for one
field, a textarea field. I am using the following code, but it does not
give an error when the field is
empty:

if (empty($feedback))
{
$errmsg .= "<font color='red'><li>You might want to enter some
comments</li></font>\n";
}

I use the same type of checking on input type="text" boxes and it works
fine.
Any ideas why it doesn't work on a textarea field?

--
Chip Wiegand
Computer Services

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
     --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment
Corporation, 1977
 (They why do I have 9? Somebody help me!)