How about writting the IP address to the database with a timestamp,
then when a matching IP address arrives you view the timestamp and if it has
been more then a hour, they can view the page, which would force you to
update the timestamp.  Of course you would probably need to write a
stand-alone (i.e. non-web) php script that would act as a cron job to clean
out the database periodically, whatever period you define (depending on
traffic and size of DB).

-Brad