Sounds like we are all on similar pages with timestamping, but if you issue a
delete query every time the page is viewed it could create some sub-par
performance based on number of hits.  i.e. if the site gets 100 hits in the
first 10 minutes of operation, it would issue delete logic and queries 100
times, but since they are all *new* the logic would not really do anything,
right?  So, depening on what kind of traffic you plan to generate a cron job may
be your best bet, if you plan to generate a whoel bunch, you may even need to
kick it off every hour.

-or- you could use this logic, but store in a different table a timestamp for
"last delete" and every time view that timestamp, and if more then a hour has
passed, then go ahead with your database clean-up routine.

-Brad