Yes, there are. There is a pretty good php code, called HTML Tree which
can make trees, dynamically.

Regarding the coding can have a simple table that records who
is ancestor of who. This is a solution. Another one, which is not so neat
is to create a table with 5 per generation.
Does this make sense?