Thanks a lot pal, that's help me so much.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Royle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 9:50 AM
Subject: [PHP-DB] Re: Check Automaticaly

I would imagine your game would have two frames (one hidden frame), and
the hidden frame would contain scripts to check and update page.

In the bottom frame i see you might have two choices:

1. have a meta refresh which checks every 5 (or so) secs if a move has
been made, and if detects a move, sends a refresh command to the top

2. have a php script which continually checks if a move has been made (
using sleep() function and set_time_limit() ), and if detects a move,
sends a javascript command to browser, then continue detecting if
changes have been made......

the implications of #2 (i would image), is the explorer icon will be
constantly loading a page, so if you click stop, the game will cease

hope that helps

PHP Database Mailing List (
To unsubscribe, visit: