Yes, IF the user has cookies turned on.

The cookie is stored on the users computer, regardless of if the IP
changes.  I actually use sessions which have a php.ini set expiration date
of 6 months.  I manually clean the sessions out every night, but the cookie
is set to expire after 6 months.  The reason?  To better track if a user is
giving out his/her username/password.  If a user logs into the site several
times a day with different session IDs, I can be relatively assured that
those logins are not from the same user, especially if logins occur from
completely different IP blocks with different session IDs.

So yes, Session IDs remain constant if users are using/accepting cookies,
regardless of their IP.

Peter