For starters, and in general, does anyone know why a view source would
not work in IE 6?  This hasn't worked for weeks, so I usually have to
use Mozilla to view the source.

Anyway, Jim, this is my basic page setup.

<?php
include_once("../common/store_config.php");
include_once(HOME_DOC_ROOT."common/header.php");
?>
This is where my HTML codes goes.
So for example, a link to another page would look like this

a form would look like this

<form action="<? echo CTL_HOME_ROOT ?>" method="POST">
</form>
<?php
include_once(HOME_DOC_ROOT."common/footer.php");
?>

Note: within store_config.php I am declaring the constants along with
including some other files which I reference. For example, there is a
file called system_messages.php from which I pull "system messages" like
"Item was added to your cart", "Please enter in all the required
information", etc.

Currently I have the constant IMG_HOME_PATH set to
/killerspin/web/images/ and everything is fine.

For DOC_HOME_PATH I have /killerspin/web/store/ but I get all kinds of
errors like "could not create stream".

Specifically

Here is the code.

<?php
include_once("common/store_config.php");
include_once(DOC_HOME_PATH."common/header.php");
?>
<?php
include_once(DOC_HOME_PATH."common/footer.php");
?>

 and here is the output

Warning: main(/killerspin/web/store/common/header.php) [function.main
<http://www.php.net/function.main> ]: failed to create stream: No such
file or directory in D:\is\clients\killerspin\web\store\index.php on
line 3

So I replace the code with this,

include_once("/killerspin/web/store/common/header.php");

Same thing happens, but if I put

include_once("http://localhost/killerspin/web/store/common/header.php";);
then it's fine BUT the images don't show and I haven't changed a thing
on the for IMG_HOME_PATH!!

So in summary, maybe my question should have started with

"How can I correctly use constants/variables to substitute for the
directory path so that I don't have to always include the entire path."
For example, in the event that my image directory changes or a directory
changes from login to register, then I don't want to have to go into
EVERY SINGLE  page and line of code to change it.

---> Jonathan