Duhhh.....  me mike.  me like cumputors.

This is where the honest geek admits his mistakes.

I had a do while loop such as

do {
        mysql_query ($qupdate, $link);
        $rslterror=mysql_error($link);
        $number++
} while ($rslterror!=null);

I was trying to insert a new record with $number being a field requiring a
uniqe number.  If it failed, it should up the number by one and try again.  I
still don't have that working properly, but that wasn't my endless loop
problem.

You may have notice that I used a query ($qupdate) above.   I defined
 $qinsert earlier on in my script and should of used it instead of $qupdate.
 $qupdate was undefined and therefore caused an edless loop.

Anyway, I fixed my dumb mistake.  If anyone would like to help me with a
better one, maybe you can tell me if I am doing my do while correctly.  It's
only running through once, not getting a succesful insert  and dropping out.

Thanks

--

Michael Cortes
Fort LeBoeuf School District