Chris, et al --

...and then Chris Boget said...
% Actually, for an associative array (which the OP had made reference
% to), you use mysql_fetch_assoc().

See my response to Jon.  No single function of which I know is going to
pull what he requested out of the database in the format he desires.

% I avoid mysql_fetch_array() like the plague unless there is a very
% specific need.

I'm interested in this...  The manual reports that there is a very
trivial slowdown.  Do you find that to not be true?  It's easier for me
to just always use mysql_fetch_array instead of figuring out whether I
want mysql_fetch_row, mysql_fetch_assoc, or both.

% Chris

(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED] * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"      Shpx gur Pbzzhavpngvbaf Qrprapl Npg!