From: "David T-G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hmmm...  I suppose so, but I can't picture it.  Shouldn't you always know
> the DB schema and format of what you're going to get back?  I can see not
> knowing how many RECORDS you'll get back but I should think you would
> know how many FIELDS will be in each.

Depends upon your application, I guess. I have a dynamic report builder for
this application that creates the header, footer, rows, etc, all in the same
format and it's just passed a query, any query. So, you never know how many
columns there are unless you count the row returned and loop through it (or
use mysql_num_fields()).

---John Holmes...

PHP Database Mailing List (
To unsubscribe, visit: