From: "Adam Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I am selecting a field in a database called description for keyword
> searching.  The field contains names of people, states, years, etc.  When
> someone searches for say "holmes north carolina" the query searches for
> exactly that, fields which have "holmes north carolina", and not fields
> that contaim holmes, north, and carolina.  So I run a str_replace to
> replace all spaces with *, which turns it into "holmes*north*carolina",
> but say that north carolina is before holmes in the field, it won't return
> those fields (it only returns fields in which holmes is infront of north
> carolina).  So how can I have it return all fields which contain all
> the words holmes, north, and carolina in any order, in that field?

Are you doing a fulltext search or just matching a word in a lookup column?

In the case of the latter, you'll have to split up the sentence into
individual words and look for each of them

WHERE column = 'holmes' || column = 'north' || column = 'carolina' ...

---John Holmes...
(not in North Carolina, btw!)