From: mike [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 3:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] using code for multiple sites

I currently manage several websites that share the same code. This code
is included into many of the pages on every site. I have duplicate
copies of the code set up in each virtual host directory. Obviously this
wastes space on my server and wastes my time having to update them all.

I was looking for suggestions on the best way to be able to access these
php files through includes for each site. A couple of the options that I
have already looked into were- I could put the code all into one
directory for site A and when I want to include these files I would have
to include the full path to the files I really don't want to have to do
this because I frequently move things and I would have to change the
path on each file.

either put these files into .:/usr/local/lib/php

or
create a directory called "inc" in /usr/local/apache
and then add the following line to php.ini
include_path = ".:/usr/local/apache/inc "

I hope I made it clear what I want to accomplish.
If you could give your recommendations I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Mike Calvelage

Webmaster / Sales Associate