Data: 02/04/04 15:33:37
Assunto: [PHP-DB] apache/php/mysql - guarenteed DB transaction

Hi all.

Question on running in a config with Apache2,PHP 4.3.4,MySQL 4.0.17 running
on Linux Redhat 9.0.

Basically I want to make sure that a DB insert or update is guarenteed to
complete.

So if a user hits submit on a webpage, the transaction under the hood
completes, no matter if the user hits cancel or his browser dies or
whatever. (Not sure how to even test this condition, but I know it will
happen)

Below is a sample of my PHP which does one thing, simple insert into mysql.

I am using MyISAM table types, and would like to maintain this if possible.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

  David

<?php // mysqltest.php

// Main Variables
$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuser = "user";
$dbpass = "pass";
$dbname = "test";

// open persistent DB connection
$dbcnx = @mysql_pconnect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass)
    or die("The site database appears to be down.");
if ($db!="" and [EMAIL PROTECTED]($db))
    die("The site database is unavailable.");

// Open DB Persistent Connection
$dbcnx = dbPConnect();
// Execute check against database
mysql_select_db($dbname, $dbcnx);

// Create SQL
$sql = "INSERT INTO mytable SET field1='update to field1',field2='update to
field2'";

//
// Execute SQL
//
$result = mysql_query($sql); // $result = 1 if success

if ($result == '1') { echo "Finished with DB insert";
  }
  else { echo "Failed.";
  }

?>