From: -{ Rene Brehmer }- [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 6:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] Mail() - Preposterous Accusation

At 00:01 08-04-2004, Ryan Jameson (USA) wrote:

I know this isn't technically DB related but this is the list that I use. I'd just like to know if anyone else thinks the below statement is

accurate. If it is, why hasn't the mail function been modified in the more recent builds? I've been using PHP since it was invented & never had a problem with mail.

"Also note that your form page is currently using the PHP mail() function, which doesn't work very well anymore. You would be best advised to use another solution (one example is PHPMailer -
http://phpmailer.sf.net/) for doing PHP script-based email delivery."

Sounds alot more like advertising than sanity ... there's not much trickery in using the mail() function ... only if you want to attach files can it get a bit tricky (encoding the file and inserting the result), but in reality, there's not much in using that function properly ...

Rene

--
Rene Brehmer
aka Metalbunny

~ If you don't like what I have to say ... don't read it ~

http://metalbunny.net/
References, tools, and other useful stuff...
Check out the new Metalbunny forums @ http://forums.metalbunny.net/

Maybe add the appropriate header to the headers parameter? I'm using the mail() function and getting bounces just fine. Perhaps set up a mail alias/forwarding for the user that the script runs as?

--
paperCrane <Justin Patrin>