Hi
Thanks for your answer but :

What is odbtp extension ???? I don't find it on www.php.net ???

I use ADOdb to database abstraction and I can't change all the ADOdb code.

Do you know why the function "odbc_field_type" don't give me the good result
?
Is is a PHP error, an unixODBC error or a freeTDS error ?

To acces to MsSqlServer, which ODBC connection do you prefer ?

thx to help me
Jeff

"Robert Twitty" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit dans le message de
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
You will have much better results if you use the odbtp extension instead
of the odbc extenstion, especially on Linux. The odbtp_field_type()
function will give you the correct type name.

Also, you could use the mssql extension. However, mssql_field_type()
returns type names that are not exact. For example, it returns "char" for
all character fields even if their type is "varchar", "text", "nchar",
"nvarchar" or "ntext".

-- bob

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Jean-François Léost wrote:

> hi
>
> I want to use the function "odbc_field_type" on a linux mandrake 10 with
PHP