In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Rosen wrote:
> I have an orders with one main record in table1 ( client, date, e.t.c. ) and
> detail description in table2  ( all materials with quant, price, e.t.c. )
> and I save data  in table1 for positions (range of id - autoinc field of
> records in table2) for detailed data of order . And I don't want someone
> else to insert data in table2, because will be a problem with orders.
> Now I insert data first in table2 and then insert main record in table1 with
> the range of id's of detail order data.

If you are using mysql you'll want to lookup what LAST_INSERT_ID can do
for you ;)

I don't really know your situation, but usually there are many clients
and many products. If you want to represent this type of relation in a
rdbms you'll have to use a link table (let's call it sales) that allows
you to have 1-n relationships between clients-sales and products-sales.
Apart from the links to the client_id and the product_id, you also may
want to have a sales_id, quantity, date of order, ...

--
Tim Van Wassenhove <http://home.mysth.be/~timvw>