It seems to me that, at least in terms of consistency, using backticks
isn't a bad idea.  After all, if you look at any current version of
phpMyAdmin that generates PHP selection code, it uses backticks
constantly.  I take your point, but it seems to me like it's a good
habit no matter what.  Perhaps that's more a matter of semantics than
PHP programming itself :)

As for the difference between = and LIKE, you are correct -- I just
don't typically use LIKE for any of my database work, so I forget
there's a difference every once in a while :)  Thank you for the
reminder.
--
Peter Ellis - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Design and Development Consultant