Did you give the user permissions to use the database in question?

Here's my sequence of actions:

.
1) Create DB if it doesn't exist
2) Create the user w/password
3) Give the user permission to use the database.
4) Flush privileges to update the server.
5) login and enjoy.

-Micah

Roberto F Tavares Neto wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to do a very simple thing: create a database and a user to use it.

So, initially, I use the web interface phpmyadmin. Logged as root, I created the database, and the user with some password.

But, I could not login using phpmyadmin. Either any php-based system could connect to the BD.

So, I make sure that I got the "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" and "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" created, with permissions and same password. Nothing.

But I *can* log on mysql shell.

One more info: when the user is set without password, it works fine on PHP.

Does anyone can give me a clue of what is happening?

Thanks!

Roberto