On 3/14/07, Niel Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi

> I have tried everything except of the one that forms the date in one field
> and use the DISTINCT for ip and date.

It works for me. I use it for essentially the same job, listing most
recent visit to a location (not IP, but physical venue).

Have you tried adapting it to your needs, such as:
$query = "SELECT DISTINCT ip, day, month, year FROM tracker WHERE page =
'index'  ORDER
BY `tracker`.`year` DESC , `tracker`.`month` DESC , `tracker`.`day` DESC LIMIT 0,
20";

Niel

try grouping by IP and selecting the max date value
SELECT IP,max(date) AS latestvisit FROM table GROUP BY IP