On Jan 14, 2008 2:26 PM, Miguel Guirao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi!!
>
> I'm using the md5() function to encrypt a password and store it into a
> database. Now I want to retrieve that MD5 password and convert it into it's
> human readable condition.
> Is there a function opposite to md5()??

    Negative.  Once it's hashed with an MD5, SHA1, or similar
encryption method, it's (as of now) impossible to reverse.  You could
create a table with a column of unencrypted phrases, characters, and
combinations, with a second column containing the correlating hashed
string, but that's about it.

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek and #1 Rated "Year's Coolest Guy" By Self Since
Nineteen-Seventy-[mumble].