On Feb 20, 2008, at 11:18 AM, Gary Wardell wrote:

They'll be accessing different account records in different windows.
I keep track of the current account id in the session data, as well
as a number of other account-specific items. Once I was made
aware of
the multiple-window requirement, and started looking more closely at
sessions, it seemed (from the PHP documentation) that I could
start a
new session, with a different name and id, and that would take care
of it.  In fact I CAN start sessions with independent names and ids,
but their DATA doesn't seem to be completely independent.

Assuming that they are interacting through forms on the pages in the different windows, why not put the UID of the record they are
accessing in a hidden field in the form?

Gary,

Thanks for your reply. I'm beginning to think that that's what I'll have to do, although it will be a bit of work to convert. I'm surprised, though, that sessions aren't better in regards to data integrity. What I'm gathering from looking into this is that it's ok to use sessions, but you shouldn't count on reliable data from them. I don't remember seeing any caveats to that effect in the documentation on sessions, but that seems to be the case.

Anyone know differently? Thanks.

Charles Whitaker
Technical Staff
Open Door Networks