Hi,

you should post the INSERT query too. I'd recommend you to print the query before running it. Just put echo $query; before/after pg_query(). You'll see what are you sending to the database. This may help you find the problem. Also using ` instead of " in query may help you to make it easier to read.

------------------------
Carol Walter napsal(a):
Hello,

I am very new to this process, so please forgive me if this is a silly question. I have a number of PostgreSQL tables that use the naming convention that capitalizes the first character of each word, therefor the data names require quotes. When I put together my queries using parameters for the selected columns and the table names and use pg_query_params instead of pg_query to build the query? Doing it without the parameterization looks like this...

$query = "SELECT tp.\"peopleId\",\"fName\",\"mName\",\"lName\",\"contactItem\"
                     FROM \"tblPeople\" tp
LEFT JOIN \"brdgPeopleContactInformation\" bpci ON tp.\"peopleId\" = bpci.\"peopleId\" LEFT JOIN \"tblContactInformation\" tci ON bpci.\"contactInformationId\" =
                                          tci.\"contactInformationId\"
WHERE (\"lName\" like '$l_name' AND \"fName\" IS NULL) OR (\"lName\" like '$l_name' AND \"fName\"
                                       LIKE '$f_name')
                      ORDER BY \"lName\",\"fName\",\"mName\"";
    $SciName = pg_query($query);

This actually works, believe it or not, but my next query where I'm doing an insert to the tables does not.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Carol

--

S pozdravem