>I have been crafting my own database abstraction layer, and in doing so
>create an array of the results of a query.

Is this an db abstraction layer written in php (script), or written as a
module for php (C)?

I was thinking of writing an (open source) db-abstraction module (that uses
existing db-modules, of course), which could then be used from php-script as
well as from other modules that need db-functionality without committing to
a specific database.

Or, does such a module exist already and should I concentrate on using
and/or co-developing that one?

Thanks, Marc.