On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Sascha Schumann wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Jani Taskinen wrote:
>

> > The emails sent by the bug system now have a note
> > about _not_ replying to the emails but using the web interface instead.
> >
> > I would like to see that everybody who handles the bug reports
> > used the web interface instead of directly replying with their
> > mail clients..
>
>     That only shows that those people prefer to use email to
>     exchange information.
>
>     Instead of forcing those people who contribute their free
>     time to use one particular way of communication, I'd prefer
>     to enable them to use either email or the web interface.

Users are in no way forced to use the web interface, they'll still be able
to send mail with their client. Jani only means that problems, questions
and feedback must be registered, so that things are much easier to track
down. And I think this is a good idea.

Derick Rethans

      PHP: Scripting the Web - www.php.net - [EMAIL PROTECTED]