Phil wrote:
> Prodigious work Zak - well done. This certainly represents a useful
> initial tidy up. It doesn't break anything and cures many of the
> 'bad offenders'.

Thanks Phil - I expect that closer examination will reveal how sloppy it is!
:)

> In looking through the unchanged function names, the one that screamed 'I
> am wrong' most loudly was 'velocis_off_autocommit' which appears to set
> new standards in unusual word order :)

Point in case. ;)  I must admit that this is *quite* odd and should be
fixed.

> As you may have gathered from my previous posts on the subject, I want to
> aim much higher than this, but as I gather from everyone else's posts, I'm
> in a small minority. I see no reason for the syntax of PHP being any less
> than 'very good indeed', so if anyone else is in that minority, without
> detracting from the work that Zak has proposed, can we keep this
> discussion thread alive because I'm sure that there must be a way of
> bolting a clean version of the language onto the existing engine, and
surely PHP
> 5.0 is the landmark for it's introduction.

I also believe that PHP should be very much cleaner than it is now. However,
I am going keep my opinions to myself 'til the basic renaming stuff is
sorted out!!!!

--zak