Hi Zeev,

> >inconsistencies with unset($foo) and unset($bar["bla"])
> >(the latter works, the former not))
> Huh?  Both work...?

Here it is in detail:

http://www.php.net/bugs.php?id=8937
http://www.php.net/bugs.php?id=8972

> This has been discussed before (as far as I recall).  The engine may
> convert certain variables to be references on the fly, without the user
> requesting it.  So, is_reference() won't mean much to end users.

In case of the former bug reports, I think it would
mean much.

--
Björn Schotte                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://rent-a-phpwizard.de/                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

          PHP Schulungen, Softwareentwicklung, Coaching