CH>> Admittedly, it's been a bit since my languages class, but I
CH>> don't see how loose typing resolves the biggest problems with
CH>> multiple inheritance:

I don't know why very these ones are the "biggest", but it's possible to
"resolve" them, taking into account that every resolution would be
necessarily imperfect, since the situation itself is no good.

CH>> 1. What do you do if two parent classes have methods with the
CH>> same name? 2. What do you do if two parent classes have class
CH>> variables with the same name?

There can be a number of strategies, e.g.:
1. Requiring exact qualification on each call
2. Choosing one of them (fits for variables, worse for methods)
3. Declaring the situation to be an error
etc., etc.

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Zend Products Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.zend.com/ +972-3-6139665 ext.115