C>> recode is GPL'd IIRC and thus (your mileage may vary) not very
C>> usable, doesn't build on win32 systems, and the author has no

recode libs are LGPL, IIRC. As for win32, I don't know (not being user of
such systems) but I guess since its functionality do not include anything
that is unix-specific, it should build with little modification.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Zend Products Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.zend.com/ +972-3-6139665 ext.115