> I would rather describe QA as "Making sure the release does have as least
> bugs as possible". IMO this is different then just testing RC's. I think a
> QA team should be the team who says "Yes, release it" or "No, there are
> still some bugs left we want to fix". Of course, in order to do this, they
> need to test RC's.

    Yes, the QA team might consider feedback from outsiders who
    have configurations which are not in wide deployment or not
    available to the QA team.  Additionally, real-life scripts
    tend to stress PHP in ways no imaginable test framework can,
    so we get another dimension of pre-release testing.

    - Sascha                                     Experience IRCG
      http://schumann.cx/                http://schumann.cx/ircg