At 10:06 PM 5/2/2001 +0200, Troels Arvin wrote:
>On Wed, 02 May 2001 21:58:03 +0200, "Andi Gutmans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>I think that bug #10578 is a very serious problem which should be
> >>looked at before thinking about releasing 4.0.6.
> >
> > Do you have any idea what it could be? I don't have access to
> > Mac OS X.
>
>It's not related to Mac OS X; PHP is executed on a Linux host.
>
>The problem occurs when a web-developer using a Mac editor edits PHP
>code: If he writes PHP code and his editor uses \r as linefeeds in the
>PHP code, then the strange phenomenon may arise.

The editor only puts \r without \r\n? Wow, I've never seen a system that
does that :) Were all Mac's like that?
Anyway, I don't know why you think that worked in 4.0.4 because having
written a big part of the Zend scanner I can assure you it was only
designed to handle "\n" or "\r\n" :) Maybe you got lucky. Anyway please
clarify the status.

> > Do you have an extremely short reproducing script?
>It's best demonstrated by going to http://schmidt.tv2.dk/public/linefeedbug/
>
>Note that there was no such problem with PHP 4.0.4pl1 and earlier.

OK, seriously. This code has not been changed in between 4.0.4 and 4.0.5.
Are you sure you weren't using a different editor?
Isn't there a way for you to save as "\n" or "\r\n"?

Andi